A live television panel discussion on the Queen’s Chain was held on Sunday night on NTN.
The panel comprised: Hildreth Lewis, Deputy Permanent Secretary – Department of Physical Planning; Karen Augustin, Chief Physical Planning Officer and Henix Joseph, Commissioner of Crown Lands.
The topics discussed included the following:
– What is the Queen’s Chain? Its history, physical
location, description.– Can the Queen’s chain be sold?
– What does it mean to Lease the Queen’s chain?
– When the Queen’s chain is leased how do locals get access?
– Is a Queen’s chain lease only available to hotels and foreign entities?
– Are all beaches in Saint Lucia included in the Queen’s chain?
– What relationship does the Department of Physical planning have with organisations such as: NCA, SLNT, Archeological society?
– Are Master Plans which are submitted or promoted final?
If you missed that discussion you can view it here